- 02-Feb-2017 to 03-Apr-2017 (PST)
- Service Delivery
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
Real People. Real connections. Real help.
That's what employees of 2-1-1 San Diego provide every single day. Apply today to join an organization focused on providing in-depth support by connecting people of San Diego and Imperial Counties to services intended to create a community that does not just survive, but THRIVES...
2-1-1 San Diego is currently seeking an experienced individual to fulfill the role of Contact Center Supervisor, responsible for supervising, monitoring, and coordinating the CSR, Community Connector, and Community Navigator positions within 2-1-1 San Diego. The Supervisor will work collaboratively with their peers and teams to provide high quality, person-centric service to the communities of San Diego and Imperial Counties. The Contact Center Supervisor serves as an active advocate in referral assistance for clients with complex needs. The Contact Center Supervisor understands and models the empathy, advocacy, cultural competency and follow-up service required to help clients access the services needed to build and sustain healthy lives.
Make a Difference through Action
- Effectively communicate 2-1-1 San Diego's desired objectives to staff.
- Provide feedback and mentoring to improve individual employee performance and focuses on success.
- Provide leadership, guidance, coaching, instruction and professional development.
- Cultivate an environment of trust, teamwork, self-confidence, empowerment and ownership among staff.
- Monitor team member service calls for quality assurance purposes.
- Ensure Contact Center staff are fully informed of all new information, changes, or actions related to 2-1-1 San Diego services.
- Provide escalation support to customers in a timely manner and/or counsel staff in handling difficult customers.
- Identify and help implement workflows and process improvements.
- Conduct efficient and effective team meetings on a regular basis.
- Motivate, manage and coach staff to meet or exceed all company performance and service level goals.
- Manage employee issues regarding attendance, performance, and conduct. Address concerns and performance issues immediately, delivering appropriate corrective action as needed and appropriately documenting conversation.
- Prepare relevant reports that measure and track the activities of the Contact Center clients and referrals.
- Administer training programs for new hires and existing staff.
- Engage with and contribute to the positive culture of 2-1-1 San Diego following our core values.
- And more!
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree or higher required.
- Experience or education in the fields of social sciences and humanities such as public health, social work, human development, psychology, and/or sociology.
- Knowledge of the basic disciplines underlying social work, such as psychology, sociology, and economics, as well as current trends in public health and welfare.
- Knowledge of training, coaching and supervisory techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of the principles of program planning and staffing.
- At least 4 years' experience supervising and managing a team to success.
- Ability to instruct, direct, assess and evaluate employees and establish and maintain the confidence of team members.
- 1-2 years' experience working directly with clients in a non-profit, community-based health or social services agency, information and referral service, counseling center, or charitable organization; call center experience a plus.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems creatively, and effectively assist clients in difficult situations.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- High level of proficiency in web-based systems, real-time communication systems (i.e.: chat), Microsoft Office, and other Client Record Management systems.
- The desire to seek learning opportunities to promote growth, professional and personal development.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is highly desirable.
- An in-depth understanding of the impact of society on individuals.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!