- 12-Apr-2017 to 11-Jun-2017 (PST)
- Administration & Finance
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
Real People. Real connections. Real help.
That's what employees of 2-1-1 San Diego provide every single day. Apply today to join an organization focused on providing in-depth support by connecting people of San Diego and Imperial Counties to resources intended to create a community that does not just survive, but THRIVES...
2-1-1 San Diego is currently seeking an experienced HR Generalist / Payroll Administrator to support staff by performing human resources and payroll processing duties. The HR Generalist / Payroll Administrator will be responsible for payroll processing, benefits administration, recruitment assistance, onboarding, employment law compliance, policy implementation, performance management and employee relations, working closely with management to support staff in an exciting, growing, social service-sector nonprofit organization.
Provide Essential HR and Payroll Support Through:
- Documenting employee changes, new hires and separations to ensure personnel files have completed and signed documentation.
- Conducting new hire orientation by guiding new staff through employment paperwork, employee policy manual review, timekeeping instructions and benefits orientation.
- Performing benefits administration including reporting changes, reconciling invoices, and coordinating annual benefits negotiation and open enrollment.
- Assisting the recruitment effort by writing and placing job advertisements and processing candidate background checks and reference checks.
- Processing and tracking employee leave requests.
- Monitoring the performance evaluation program, coordinating with management on process and schedule.
- Processing employee separations and conducting exit interviews.
- Maintaining compliance with relevant employment regulations, including ensuring legal postings are current and maintaining affirmative action program.
- Assisting management to resolve disputes, workplace safety issues, harassment or legal issues.
- Preparing and submitting semimonthly payroll.
- Updating the payroll system promptly with any employee changes and ensuring payroll system is properly configured to meet business needs.
- Creating regular and as-needed payroll reports with a focus on data accuracy.
- Helping staff utilize payroll tools by training staff on the payroll system, acting as in-house support for questions, and administering the relationship with our payroll vendor.
- Evaluating HR processes and technologies to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Engaging with and contributing to the positive culture of 2-1-1 San Diego and our core values.
- And more!
What You Bring:
- A bachelor's degree and at least five years of HR experience are required; combination of continued education beyond high school and equivalent work experience may be substituted.
- Additional experience in full-cycle payroll processing is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word); payroll software experience (especially with ADP platforms) is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing responsibilities within deadlines, with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, as this position requires frequent interaction with colleagues at all levels of the company.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and supportive working relationships with other employees.
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!