- 12-Apr-2017 to 11-May-2017 (PST)
- Service Delivery
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
Please note: This position requires bilingual fluency in both Cantonese and English.
Real People. Real connections. Real help.
That's what employees of 2-1-1 San Diego provide every single day. Apply today to join an organization focused on providing in-depth support by connecting people of San Diego and Imperial Counties to services intended to create a community that does not just survive, but THRIVES...
2-1-1 San Diego is currently seeking bilingual (English/Cantonese), empathetic individuals interested in working with all sectors of our community. Those who join the 2-1-1 San Diego team have the opportunity to:
- Gain valuable knowledge in the areas of health and social services
- Provide critical support for vulnerable populations within San Diego and Imperial Counties
- Make a lasting impact by identifying and reporting unmet client needs to inform community planning
What is a Community Connector?
A Community Connector is a client-focused position responsible for leveraging technology to provide assessment, problem solving and referral assistance over the phone for clients with complicated needs, both in English and Cantonese. A successful Community Connector knows the importance of empathy, advocacy, cultural competency and follow-up assistance to help clients access the services needed to build and sustain healthy lives. If you are a creative intellectual with critical thinking skills and a desire to help those in need, apply today!
Make a Difference through Action
- Simultaneouly translate program information from written English into spoken Cantonese, while electronically documenting details of the conversation in English.
- Perform in-depth screening for community programs for the purpose of educating, navigating and connecting clients with needed services.
- Using needs assessment, identify programs to assist the client based on the social determinants of health.
- Actively listen to clients to develop a strategy that identifies solutions to barriers to access.
- Identify and accurately refer clients to appropriate community resources which may address the clients' additional health and social needs.
- Accurately document all client interactions and unmet needs in 2-1-1's systems to assist in the identification of gaps in services that can be addressed.
- Facilitate client access to community resources and agencies.
- Identify and assist with barriers to care and monitor client progress.
- Use active listening and conversational intent in all interactions to provide high-quality confidential connections to resources and services for all 2-1-1 clients.
- Ensure successful service delivery by continuously monitoring and improving personal productivity, quality measurements, client satisfaction surveys and efficiency.
- Manage follow-up conversations with clients to identify needs for advocacy, further services, and feedback regarding services received.
- Provide ongoing process improvement strategies for 2-1-1's internal programs.
- Keep all activities in line with the core values and contribute to the positive culture of 2-1-1 San Diego.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
What You Bring
- Full command of both Cantonese and English language - reading, writing, and speaking. Ability to professionally transition between both languages within various modalities.
- Associate's Degree or higher.
- 1-2 years' experience working directly with clients in a non-profit, community-based health or social services agency, information and referral service, counseling center, or charitable organization.
- Experience or education in the fields of social sciences and humanities such as public health, social work, human development, psychology, and/or sociology.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems creatively, and effectively assist clients in difficult situations.
- A positive attitude, desire to learn and grow and aspirations to lead.
- A focus on the growth and well-being of people and the communities to which they belong.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- High level of proficiency in web-based systems, real-time communication systems (i.e.: chat), Microsoft Office, and other Client Record Management systems.
- The desire to seek learning opportunities to promote growth, professional and personal development.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!